The main goal for gaining weight should be either to get a curvaceous figure or build muscle mass. To achieve this, you need to focus more on healthy weight gain instead of gorging on junk food which is high on unhealthy fat. Piling up on the pounds without building muscle mass is not good for your heart. If you are looking for Inexpensive ways to gain weight, there is no dearth of options for you. Learn all about the different cheap foods to help you gain weight for your healthy weight gain plan.
Pocket friendly Protein foods.
- Eggs– A single egg contains around 7 grams of protein. You can have eggs on a daily basis without much of an expense. Whole Eggs are among the best dietary sources of choline, a nutrient that is incredibly vital but most people aren’t getting enough of. Eggs are quite high in animal protein content and contain all the essential amino acids required by humans.
- Milk- On this category we have cream, whole milk, yogurt and sour milk.Milk contains 30 grams of protein in every litre, along with calcium and fat. You may choose the low fat variety of milk or whole milk depending on how much weight you want to gain. It also depends on your body’s ability to digest lactose. It’s one of the greatest foods for gaining weight. Yogurt on the other hand is an excellent food for augmenting your protein intake without shelling out a lot. It also provides you with calcium and aids in digestion.
Pocket friendly Carbohydrates.
- Oatmeal-For healthy weight gain without spending a lot of cash oatmeal is an excellent choice. Not only is it filling but also nutritious. With 68 cal for 100 gms it’s good to go for weight gain. It is also a meal you can prepare quickly in the morning. It has around 55 grams of carbohydrates per serving and also packs in protein and fiber.
- Bread- Any form of whole breads be it whole wheat breads, twelve grain breads or sprouted grain bread are a few good sources of carbohydrates for weight gain. There is hardly any food cheaper than bread. That’s why I consider it one of the cheapest weight gain foods that’s readily available.
- Rice-Rice comprises of carbs, with small amounts of protein and virtually no fat. The good thing about rice is! that its a staple food for many around the globe meaning its readily available.
Affordable fat foods.
Since a third of your calorie consumption should be from fat, it is important that the fats you consume are heart friendly. Ensure that you include healthy sources of fats in your diet. Some of the pocket friendly sources of fats are nut butters and seeds. You should try to find some cheap brands of olive oil.
- Nut butters– In this category we have variety from peanut, cashew, macadamia and almond nut butters. Nut butters not only adds fat without costing a lot, it also has a lot of antioxidants which lowers the risk of degenerative diseases.
- Nuts and Seeds- They come in variation from flax, chia, sunflower,pumpkin, almond, cashew peanut etc. All this help in weight gain but peanut is one that is readily available and can’t strain your pockets. At 567 cal you can consume this as A snack and can cover for your calorie requirement.To save money, purchase peanut in bulk.
Affordable weight gain fruits.
I pick this three fruits below because they are available worldwide.
- Avocado- Avocados and their oils are rich in monounsaturated oleic acid, a heart-healthy fatty acid that is considered to be one of the primary reasons for the of olive’s oil health benefits. They are high in calories. You can use them on salads and smoothies to add up on extra calories to help you gain weight.They are readily available in local supermarkets at good prices.
- Bananas- Bananas are sweet and appealing to both children and adults. They are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. With 105 cal two bananas can add you some extra calories. They are also cheap and found around the globe.
- Mangoes- Mangoes are also found far and wide and are also pocket friendly. At 201 cal are a great choice for fruit salads, juices and smoothies. Mangoes contain potassium, magnesium and the antioxidant mangiferin, which all support healthy heart function.
Other weight gain foods on a budget.
- Sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes, cassava.
- Pulses i.e beans, peas, lentils etc
- Red meat
Consider frozen foods.
Starchy vegetables, including lettuce and cucumbers, tend to have more calories than watery, fibrous types.Shop as side dishes for frozen broccoli, peas and succotash or blend in brown rice. Typically, frozen versions are much less expensive than fresh from the field and can be mixed into soups, casseroles, or eaten with cheese.
Frozen fruits, especially when it comes to cherries and berries,they are generally cheaper than fresh as well. Select unsweetened versions that can be cooked in oatmeal, made with milk,or poured into a yogurt smoothieyou purchased on sale.
When you are trying to gain healthy weight it is always good to prioritize your budget. But before you do that, you first need to know your calorie needs to determine the amount you will need to spend on foods for. Bear in mind that you need to eat more calories than you burn to enable you to gain weight. Your metabolism would play a major role in determining how much you need. Generally, aiming for an extra 500 calories is considered feasible.
Having made up your mind on the foods that you would want for fats carbohydrates and proteins, you now need to make sure that you decide on the best combination to achieve your weight gain target. To ensure that the high calorie requirement is met, you may want to include some snacks in your day.
The information contained in the post is for general purpose only and shouldn’t be considered as medical advice or as an alternative to medical advice. Although I’ve tried my very best to keep the information contained in this post as updated and accurate as possible, I make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.