Here’s a Quick Way to Solve Calorie Surplus- Soups.
Sometimes it becomes so hard to come up with a quick meal that will meet your calorie surplus as you try to achieve your weight gain goals. Though a calorie surplus is required to gain weight, simply eating more only leads to unsightly body fat. To gain muscle, you have to combine a calorie surplus with a solid strength training routine.
Be bowled by our 5 Calorie dense weight gain soups below:
- African Lentil soup
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 large stalk Celery
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemons- Raw, with peel
- 2 tbsp Spearmint
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 3 large Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Spearmint
- 3 cups Lentils
- 2 cups Water
- Peel and dice the onion. Peel the carrots then finely chop them. Finely chop the celery and set aside. Peel and Mince the garlic. Zest the lemon then halve.
- Cut one half into 4 equal wedges. Thinly slice the fresh mint, putting aside a few leaves for garnish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot and cook, tossing, for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Add ground cumin and cook for a min, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.Add tomatoes and the dried mint into the pot and using a wooden spoon or potato masher, break up the tomatoes until almost smooth.
- Add the lentils, and 2 cups water to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce the fire to a simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced mint and the juice of half of the lemon and stir to combine.
Optional: blend the soup for a creamier consistency.Scoop or ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with lemon zest (to taste), reserved lemon wedges, and fresh mint leaves.
Note: Recipe Total Calories 3277 Carbs
- Lasagna soup.
- 1 tsp Flaxseed oil
- 200 gms chicken Sausage
- 1 medium Onions
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 4 tbsp raw Parsley
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 2 cups Pasta sauce- Spaghetti, ready-to-serve, low sodium
- 1 cups crumbled Bay leaf
- 1 dash Pepper
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 85gms Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup whole Basil
- Heat a large soup pot or sufuria over medium heat, spray with oil and add the sausage; cook until browned.
- Break it up as it cooks with a wooden spoon about 8-12 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley, Chicken broth, water, bay leaves and fresh black pepper and bring to a boil; cover your pot and reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan, and 2 tbsp parsley and mix.
Preparing the pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add the broken pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top each with 2 tbsp ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella, fresh cracked pepper and fresh basil on top.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Note:Recipe Total Calories 2443
- Garlic Tomato Chutney
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 60 gms Garlic- 10 large cloves
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 5 Red peppers
- 1 dashSalt
- ¼ tsp Spices Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Canned black beans- Low sodium, drained
- ¾ Curry paste
- 1 cup White rice
- Cook rice as per package directions.Chop the tomatoes finely. Peel the garlic and set aside.
- Heat a sauce pan with oil and add whole dry red chilies and sauté for about 10 seconds.
- Add peeled garlic pods and sauté over low flame until it changes color slightly. Take off stove and let it cool completely.
- Transfer this into a blender. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt and blend to a smooth paste using a little water, if necessary.
- Heat the same pan with oil, add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add beans and curry paste and roast for 10 seconds.
- Add the ground chutney, mix well and let it cook for ½ to 1 minute.
- Into a serving bowl transfer your soup and serve hot with rice.
Note: Recipe Total Calories 1035
- Chicken Avocado Soup with Lime
- 1 medium Avocado
- 200 gms Chicken breast
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 3 sprigs Fresh Coriander leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 chopped Green pepper
- 1 fruit Lime
- 2 medium whole Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onions
- 1 dash black Pepper
- 1 tsp ground Cumin spice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Wash the green pepper and tomatoes. Chop the green pepper and tomatoes. Peel and dice the onion into small pieces. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add oil to the saucepan. Swirl to coat and spread the bottom of the sauce pan.
- Add the onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 2-3 minutes.Add the garlic and tomatoes to the saucepan. Cook for an extra 1 minute.
- Slice the chicken into half horizontally to form thin fillets and set aside.
- Add the broth, cumin, salt, and pepper (to taste) to the saucepan. Put the chicken in the liquid and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce the heat back to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through.Once cooked, remove chicken from the liquid and transfer to a plate.
- Wash and dry the coriander and shave the leaves off the stems; discard the stems and chop the leaves.
- Halve and pit the avocado; spoon out the flesh and chop.
- Dice the chicken and return to the saucepan. Stir in about ¾ of the coriander (save the rest for garnishing) and juice from half a lime.
- Serve your soup in a bowl, stir in avocado, and garnish with the remaining coriander. Enjoy!
Note:Total Recipe Calories 883
- Broccoli Soup with Cheddar Cheese
- 6 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 500 gms Broccoli
- 1 large Onions
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Tarragon leaves
- 1 cup Light whipping cream
- 3 tbsps Wheat flour
- 61/2 cups Chicken broth
- 12 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Melt 3 tbsps of butter in heavy medium sufuria over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli stems and onion; sauté until onion is translucent, for about 6 minutes.Add garlic and tarragon; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to boil. Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, for about 15 minutes.Stir in cream.
- Create a paste by mixing the remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter with flour in small bowl. Whisk paste into the soup.
- Add broccoli florets. Simmer until soup thickens and florets are tender, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place 3 ovenproof soup bowls on baking sheet. Divide soup among the bowls.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese over each. Broil until cheese melts and bubbles around edges, about 4 minutes.
Note:Recipe Totals Calories 2453
You need more of this delicacies on your table sign up with us.