High calorie drinks are a perfect way to increase calories and boost nutrition. If someone has an unintentional weight loss or just wants to add a few extra pounds, the calories are the solution.
Often it’s hard to get extra calories from normal meals. Adding high calorie smoothies is a great way to maximize intake. It can be easy to sip a weight gain smoothie between meals.
Let’s understand weight gain.
Healthy weight gain is an increase in weight. This may require a rise in muscle mass, deposits of fat, surplus liquids like water or other variables.
Putting on weight may be necessary for a person who is underweight. It may also be a measurable goal for someone who is aiming to build muscle.
Generally, eating more calories than the body burns will lead to weight gain. The calorie intake necessary to achieve this will vary from person to person.
As a guide, simply eating 300–500 calories more than the body burns on a regular basis is generally adequate for constant weight gain. For faster weight gain, a individual may need to eat up to 1,000 calories more per day.
Many people inaccurately estimate the number of calories they consume each day. It can be useful to keep track of daily calorie intake over a period of 2–3 weeks. This can assist an individual know how to modify their diet in order to gain enough weight. Several internet applications are accessible that can help with calorie monitoring.
How to safely add weight.
Eating more often is one of the best ways to put on weight safely. Try to eat at least six smaller meals instead of eating two or three big meals during the day. It is particularly essential to begin doing this for individuals who eat just once or twice a day. Using distinct sauces, condiments and spices to create these meals as delicious as possible is a good idea to assist you eat as much as you can. As liquid can fill your stomach and suppress your appetite, make sure you don’t drink water or anything else before meals. It should be noted that your meals should consist of ingredients rich in nutrients. There’s a good chance you don’t get enough nutrients into your body if you’re underweight.
Some of the best foods you can eat include high-protein foods including fish, nuts, seeds, dairy products. Keep in mind that protein is the most significant nutrient for weight gain. Remember to include fruits, some carbohydrates and vegetables to make your meals balances.Most of the additional calories you eat would end up as body fat without this Macro- nutrient -Protein.That’s precisely why if you want to put on some weight, it’s not a good idea to eat junk food.
But just because protein is good for you, it doesn’t imply you should only eat foods with a high macronutrient content. Note that you should not eat more than one gram of protein a day per pound of body weight.
You may reduce your appetite by significantly increasing your protein intake, which is something you don’t really want to do when you are trying to add some healthy weight. You should, of course, aim to obtain 50% of your total calories from carbohydrates
How High-Calorie Smoothies can cover up for extra calories.
Sometimes it can be extremely difficult to eat five to six meals daily when you have issues with your appetite. This is the sole reason why you should start drinking smoothies to help gain weight more easily. Instead of drinking soft drinks that don’t contain a lot of nutrients,simply prepare a high-calorie smoothie that is both nutritious and easy to consume.
Foods you can incorporate in your smoothies.
- Nuts– Cashew nuts, ground nuts, almond are among nuts that contain a lot of good fats, which also translates into calories. Some nuts are higher in energy than others. Most nuts also have a decent fiber content, including almonds. To get their benefits, you can blend or mix these nuts in your weight gain smoothies or use nut butters like almond butter or peanut butter.
- Avocado– They are highly nutritious fruits which contain a lot of potassium, high fibre and good fat.Since its creamy it can blend well with other foods to make nutritious healthy smoothies for weight gain.
- Bananas– Bananas are sweet and nutritious too and readily available. They are handy when it comes to making fruit shakes for weight gain and weight gainer smoothies. Blend in smoothies, shakes or eat whole with other snacks to add up some pounds.
- Nut butters– Are a spreadable foodstuff made by grinding nuts into a paste eg almond or peanut butters. You can blend this butters with fruits or dairy products to make high protein smoothies for weight gain that are calorie dense and healthy weight gain shakes or smoothies.
- Seeds– Some great choices include chia seeds, flax seeds and hemp seeds which are high in proteins and easily blend well in smoothies.
- Dairy products– Milk and yoghurt are examples that are readily available and high in calories.
Calories and nutrition.
Substitute non-fat milk for the whole milk. These drinks can be useful to dieters, too. Fruit based Smoothie and yogurt are well suited as breakfast stand-ins. They make healthy breakfast smoothies for weight gain.
The use of yogurt instead of milk gives the drinks more body so they are more apt to hold you over until lunch time. Use nonfat plain yogurt to cut down on calories, and skip the sugar
Use ice milk where ice cream is required since it is a good alternative. The milk fat in the former ranges from 2% to about 7% by weight according to the federal standards whereas the milk fat content of whole milk ice cream ranges from 8% to a whopping 14%.
Below are some simple smoothie recipes for weight gain you can try.
1.Banana-strawberry, Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 Small ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 5 frozen strawberries
Blend the peeled banana,strawberries, milk, peanut butter and yoghurt until smooth.
2.Carrot- Peanut Butter Smoothie.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Wash your carrots, chop then cook your carrots in a sauce pan for around 15 mins. Place the drained carrots in a blender, add a small amount of milk and the peanut butter. Add remaining milk and sugar and mix well. Chill and stir before serving. Makes 2 servings.
PER SERVING: 456 calories; 19 gm protein; 32 gm carbohydrate; 30 gm fat; 380 mg sodium; 619 mg potassium. USRDA Protein 30% Riboflavin 27% Vitamin A 07% Niacin 32% Vitamin C 04% Calcium 31% Thiamine 08% Iron 04%
3. Wheat germ- pineapple Smoothie.
- cup wheat germ
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine wheat germ, yogurt, strawberries, pineapple juice, sugar and salt in blender container and process
until blended and smooth. Makes about 2 servings.
PER SERVING: 211 calories; 8 gm protein; 39 gm carbohydrate; 4 gm fat; 198 mg sodium; 491 mg potassium. USRDA Protein 13% Riboflavin 21% Vitamin A 03% Niacin 07% Vitamin C 87% Calcium 17% Thiamine 21% Iron 11%
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 2/3 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 2 (12-ounce) cans apricot nectar
- 6 cinnamon sticks
Beat eggs with honey.
Blend in the orange and lemon juices.
Stir milk powder into apricot nectar and add to egg
mixture. Beat until foamy.
Chill and beat again before serving.
Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon stick stirrers.
5.Avocado Chocolate Smoothie.
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1 cup nut milk e.g almond milk
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Put all your ingredients in a blender, blend until you get a creamy consistency.
6.Banana Peanut butter smoothie.
- 2 zmedium ripe bananas,
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter,
- Almond milk or whole milk.
Peel the bananas and chop them. Add milk into a blender, the bananas and the peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
7. Avocado strawberry Smoothie.
- ¼ Cup whole milk
- ¾ Cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 Large banana
- 1 Cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
Pour the milk and yogurt into the blender to mix them together perfectly. Add more milk if the consistency is too thin. Add peeled avocado and banana to it and blend further. Once it reaches a smooth consistency, add frozen strawberries along with vanilla and blend once more.
8. Banana Chocolate Smoothie
- 1/2 Cup whole milk
- 1 Cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 large Banana
- 3 pieces Dark Chocolates or 2-3 Tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup ice
- Pour a cup of milk in the blender followed by banana, chocolate, and yogurt. Blend until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Add the ice and blend again, if you prefer to have chunks of chocolate then stop blending when its still coarse.
Smoothie Pro Tips
- It’s best to drink after you’ve made your smoothies. You can keep them calm for a few hours if it’s too much and have it later.
- Seeds are an simple way to add a significant number of nutrients to your smoothies.
- Yoghurt contains fats, probiotics and calcium for losing weight and good health as a great choice in smoothies.
- If you are intolerant to lactose, all milk and whey protein are to be avoided. Instead, use vegetable protein powder.
- Note that your increase in weight should be produced from foods containing plenty of calories, and not from foods that are unhealthy and likely to increase your cholesterol levels along with your weight.
Just as weight loss can be tasking, so is weight gain. Smoothies are a great way of piling up on the extra pounds you need. This drinks are nutritious and easy to digest and is the reason why you should try them.
Enjoy the taste of these incredibly delicious fruit smoothies packed with the punch of great health that will help you achieve your goals of weight gain.