Macadamia trees are currently grown in various parts of the world, including Kenya, Costa Rica, Malawi, South Africa and New Zealand, but originating in Australia.
Macadamia nuts, like most other nuts, are rich in nutrients and useful compounds. They are also associated with various advantages, including enhanced digestion, heart health, weight management, and control of blood sugar.
Macadamia nuts contain high levels of healthy fats and may help those who try to lose or gain weight. A macadamia nuts serving also contains dietary fiber, protein, manganese, thiamine, and a good amount of copper.
Can Macadamia Butter Make You Gain Weight?
If you’re under a healthy body weight, it can be difficult to add on some pounds. A common— and wise— tip for weight gain is to eat calorie-dense foods in small portions that provide a large amount of nutrients.
Macadamia butter is indeed an ideal candidate, with 90 calories per tablespoon. Search for every opportunity to fit it into your diet to gain weight with macadamia butter.
Consuming many small healthy meals all day long keeps your body supplied with a constant fuel source. Adding just 1 tablespoon of macadamia butter per meal to a six-meal-a-day diet adds more than 500 calories to your daily intake of calories. In hot cereals, mix macadamia butter, spread on fruits among other examples.
How to eat macadamia butter?
Drinking calories is a simple way to sneak into more weight gain before or after your meals. Make smoothies for a nutrient-rich drink with fresh fruit or vegetables, some frozen yogurt or ice, and a generous helping of macadamia butter. The macadamia butter adds up and goes well with most smoothie flavors. Mix frozen yogurt, rolled oats and a few servings of macadamia butter for the main flavor for a macadamia-based smoothie.
Homemade ice cream.
Of course, adding macadamia butter can improve your meal’s calories— but why not use it to make a tasty and healthy snack?
Simply mix frozen diced avocado with a heaping macadamia butter scoop in a blender until smooth and serve! Add even more calories by mixing warm macadamia butter with a fair amount of coconut oil and a spoon of cocoa powder for a “Macadamia butter cup” sauce.
Strength training and cardiovascular exercise will help you gain weight and stimulate your appetite through muscle bulking. It’s the perfect time to have a serving of macadamia butter after an intense workout. The protein helps rebuild fibers in your muscles, increasing their size, strength, and overall weight as they heal. Before exercising, eating macadamia butter is also beneficial, as its carbohydrates provide energy for your body.
How to add macadamia butter to your diet
Macadamia butter is a healthful option when enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
Eating more macadamia butter is easy. Sometimes, it can be too easy — so be sure to be mindful of your intake to avoid eating more calories than you may need in a day. Remember 2 tbsp of macadamia butter is close to 200 calories.
People can include macadamia butter in their diets by:
- Making a classic macadamia butter and jelly sandwich, using whole fruit, low sugar jelly, and whole-grain bread.
- Spreading macadamia butter on rice cakes and top with banana slices.
- Whipping up a macadamia dressing for salads, using lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and honey.
- Adding a spoonful of the nut butter to smoothies to make them more filling.
- Dipping apple or pear slices into macadamia or peanut butter for an easy snack.
- Stirring macadamia butter into yogurts or warm oatmeal.
A few macadamia Snack Recipes you can try.
Crunchy Macadamia Butter Cookies
1 cup crunchy Macadamia butter, preferably organic
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease several large baking sheets with cooking spray or margarine.
- Mix Macadamia butter, flour, baking soda, brown sugar and ¼ tsp salt in bowl.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Shape the dough into 24 balls and arrange on prepared pans. Dip tines of a fork into flour and gently press a crisscross pattern into top of each cookie.
- Bake until lightly browned on bottom, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Butter Cookies.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil spread
1/4 c crunchy Macadamia butter, preferably organic
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 oz semisweet baking chocolate, broken into 30 small chunks
- Heat qoven to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix sugar, spread, Macadamia butter, egg yolk, and vanilla in large bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Add to Macadamia butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Divide dough into 30 cookies, using 1 generous tsp per cookie, and place on baking sheets.
- Gently press each of the cookie down with your finger tips until slightly bigger than a quarter and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake until golden brown 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove your cookies from the oven and immediately press a chocolate chunk at the center of each.
- Cool completely on baking sheet or chill 15 minutes to firm chocolate.
Chocolate–Macadamia Butter Shake
1 cup whole milk or soy milk
1 envelope (3/4 oz)
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp Macadamia butter, preferably organic
1 1/2 cup ice cubes
Blend milk, shake mix, and cocoa in blender. Process to mix well.
Add macadamia butter and ice and blend until smooth and frosty. Serve in to 2 glasses.na
Macadamia butter can be a healthful option just like peañut butter when people enjoy it as part of a balanced diet. It is rich in a multitude of nutrients including protein and magnesium that can assist safeguard the heart and handle sugar in the blood and body weight.
However, eating too much macadamia butter can increase a person’s daily intake of saturated fat, sodium, and calories
Those who have a macadamia or peanut allergy should avoid these butter as it could trigger a potentially deadly reaction.